As Cineplex prepares to open its first Ontario location of The Rec Room at Roundhouse Park in Toronto, the theatre giant has announced that Mississauga’s Square One will be home to the second Toronto-area location.
The Rec Room is an entertainment complex that brings dining, live shows and gaming under one roof. Cineplex opened the first location in Edmonton last September and plans to open another 10 to 15 locations across Canada in the next few years.
The Square One location will take up two floors and cover 44,000 square feet. Along with a variety of food options (including a custom donut bar called The Pumps), the location will offer a virtual reality space, pool tables, bowling lanes and over a hundred amusement games where credits can be earned for prizes.
“We believe The Rec Room will be a welcome destination for both our guests who live around the corner or visit us from around the globe to enjoy great food, state of the art amusement games and experience incredible live entertainment,” said Greg Taylor, Director and General Manager, Square One.
Full list of features coming to The Rec Room at Square One in Mississauga:
- Three10 – an upscale casual restaurant that is playfully named after Canada’s three territories and 10 provinces. Its menu features the best in wood-fired pizza and Canadian-inspired cuisine through familiar items that have been elevated and transformed through fresh ingredients and innovative cooking techniques
- The Shed – The Rec Room’s quick service destination that includes a poutinerie with elevated toppings like porchetta, smoked brisket, lobster and wild mushrooms. It also has a custom donut bar, called The Pumps
- A bar area where sports fans can grab a drink and catch the game on huge HD screens. In addition to spirits and cocktails, there will also be multiple bars throughout the space serving draught wines and over 20 draught beers, including several local craft beers
- The Yard – a massive attractions area where guests can play over 100 amusement games. Credits earned are tracked on RFID wristbands and can be redeemed at The Trophy Case redemption store for a wide variety of prizes – everything from retro candy to drones, and whisky stones to portable speakers. Bragging rights go to the top earners who will be profiled on The Rec Room’s legendary leaderboard
- Feature attractions including virtual reality and race car simulators, as well as classic favourites like bowling lanes, air hockey, pool and ping pong
- With multiple performance spaces offering both live and programmed entertainment, there’s always something going on at The Rec Room. Catch an amazing act in our state-of-the-art auditorium or be part of the action at our themed events
- Multiple private dining rooms will make The Rec Room the ultimate gathering spot for celebrations, corporate events and parties
A third Ontario location is also planned at CF Masonville Place in London.
Are you excited about The Rec Room? Have you been to the one in Edmonton? Share your thoughts in the comments below or at facebook.com/bamcatBuzz.